I have many Books and Documents in my posession, some are quite rare. They are listed below.
Some of the documents I am now starting to computerise, and will add them to this site. These will take time to complete so please bear with me in this arduous task. Look for the documents with the links!
- Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage 1911.
- The Visitation of the County of Devonshire, 1564, with additions from The Earlier Visitation of 1531. printed 1881.
- The Visitations of the County Of Devon comprising The Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620 with additions by Lieutenant-Colonel J. L. Vivian. printed 1895.
- Visitation of England and Wales Vol 2 (Copy 259 of 500 limited edition). Privately printed 1894. Edited by Joseph Jackson Howard LL.D. and Frederick Arthur Crisp.
- Visitation of England and Wales Notes Vol 4 (Copy 108 of 150 limited edition). Privately printed 1902. Edited by Frederick Arthur Crisp.
- A View of Devonshire with a Pedigree of most of its Gentry, by Thomas Westcote, Gent. Edited by The Reverand George Oliver, D. D. and Pitman Jones, Esq. Printed in Exeter 1845.
- The History of Derbyshire Vol 1 & 2 Glover. Printed 1829.
- Sixteenth Century Marriages (1538-1600) Edited by Chas. A. Bernau, F.S.G. printed 1911. The first of a series of volumes which enable Genealogists to discover the record, if still in existence, of any marriage solemnised in England from the commencement of Parochial Registration (1538) until the end of the 16th Century. This volume indexes 25,000 individuals married during that period, giving their Surnames, the Surnames of those they married, the years in which they were married and the names of the Churches in which the marriages were solemnised.
- Who's Who 1955.
- Devon Inventories of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Published by the Devon & Cornwall Record Society, 1966.
- The Oxford Illustrated History of Britain. Edited by Kenneth O. Morgan, published 1984.
- Burke's Landed Gentry, 1847 Volumes 1 - 3 (A - Roundell).
- The Ancestor. A Quarterly review of County and Family History, Heraldry and Antiquities, No. 3 - October 1902.
- The Ancestor. A Quarterly review of County and Family History, Heraldry and Antiquities, No. 4 - January 1903.
- The Book of Hartland by R. Pearse Chope, B.A., published by The Devonshire Press, 1940
- The Book of the Beresfords by Col. Hugh De La Poer Beresford, T.D., published by Phillimore & Co. Ltd. 1977
- The Romanovs 1818-1959 by John Van Der Kiste, published by Sutton Publishing Ltd. 1998
- The Secret People of the Palaces by Joan Glasheen, published by
B T Batsford Ltd, 1998
- Nicholas II Emperor of all the Russias by Dominic Lieven, published by Pimlico 1993
- In Public and in Private Elizabeth I and her world, by Susan Watkins, published by Thames and Hudson 1998
- History Handbooks - Heraldry by Stephen Friar, published by Sutton Publishing 1992
- Profiles in Power - James VI & I by Roger Lockyer, published by Longman 1998
- George III a personal history by Christopher Hibbert, published by The Penguin Group (Viking) 1998
- Henry VIII and his Queens by David Loades, published by Alan Sutton Publishing Ltd. 1994
- William Stukeley, An Eighteenth-Century Antiquary, by Stuart Piggott, published by Thames and Hudson 1985
- The Visitation of Gloucestershire, 1623, published by The Harleian Society, 1885
- A Pedigree, with Biographical Sketches of the Devonshire family of Travers, printed by the University Press, Dublin, 1898 (privately circulated - 100 copies only)
- The Visitation of Dorsetshire, 1623, published by The Harleian Society, 1885
- The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623, published by The Harleian Society, 1876
- The Visitations of Cornwall, comprising the Herald's Visitations of 1530, 1573, & 1620, with additions by Lieut-Col. J.L. Vivian, published 1887.
- The Visitation of Wiltshire, 1623, edited by George W. Marshall, LL.D., published by George Bell & Sons, 1882
- The History and Antiquities of the Town of Cirencester in the County of Gloucester, by Thomas Philip Bailey, published about 1842.
- Collections for a Parochial History of Wraxall by the Rev. George S. Master, M.A., published by the Somersetshire Archeological and Natural History Society, Northern Branch, 1900.
- A History of the Town of Berkeley, its Church, Castle, etc. etc. by the Rev. John Fisher, Curate of Berkeley, published by Lewis Povey, bookseller, 1856
- White's Devonshire directory, 1871
- The Registers of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials of the City of Exeter, volume 1. The Registers of the Cathedral. Published by the Devon & Cornwall Record Society, 1910.
Lists Baptisms, Marriages and Burials from 1593 - 1813. It also lists some Births and Deaths.